Monday, May 17, 2010

On with the show...

Well to start, who the hell am I, and why am I the guy you want to go to for social commentary, wise words and wit. I'm like you, perhaps, a little weird and funny. I have a car and I pay rent. I went to college and did all of that. I've done drugs. I love music. I want to be creative. I've had jobs and I have a girlfriend. I hate bad drivers. Always swerving, and sleeping at the wheel. Just lifeless human ticking time bombs.
And, like you, I notice things. Things that are outrageous. Things that are desirable. Things that you never knew existed. I witness humorous interactions. I see events unfold that seem a little too coincidental to go unmentioned and unjustified. Ridiculous behavior that has to be recorded.
And because all of this 'mind-trash' is worth more to me and yourself written, than it is forgotten, than blahg I shall. That and I got laid off and have nothing better to do.
So why not go and watch a TV show or read a magazine? Or just read the newspaper? Why not just get high and trip out?
Because the next hit drama on NBC will probably be funny, and the craziest most talentless act will top the charts next week. The DOW will go up and down and you've probably had all the fun you're going to have with whippets and cocaine. That shit is predictable. This is where the unexpected happens. No one anticipated that poor bastard at Coachella learning the physics of the thong sandal amidst heavy foot traffic. I didn't even think he could do it.
And that's why you're here. Because you don't want to miss it. This is going to be the new old- Springsteen. THE BOSS.


No comments:

Post a Comment