Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Back to the Future, Again

Think of all the things I've missed out on in the last 90 days of so, because I was either broke or glued to Craigslist. For example, my neighbor, an aspiring folk singer, played at a festival a month or so ago. Now, I see her play nearly everyday, so my missing her performance was not a total loss. The real fun came earlier that day, when her dog, Forest, broke from her clutches on the leash, as he does from time to time, and sprinted at a young woman sitting on a blanket. The fear at first was that he was bloodthirsty, but instead of eating her whole, he ran right up to her, lifted his side-arm, and pissed on her. Happy to be alive, barely phased by the pooch-pee, the young woman accepted the ensuing apologies and assured she was fine. Good thing, too, because it was somehow her own fault. A hydrant in a past life. Moments later - other dogs, probably having seen Forest's territorial thunderstorm, made there way over to this concert-goer and opened fire. I heard she got up and left after that.

Unemployment is the vacation I never wanted. Sure, it's not all bad- I do have fun, checks in the mail, video games, running off to beaches and concerts with friends on the weekends. No real obligations. But it's hard to justify a day of carefree fun when you live on $39 a day. Somehow, I have been making it work, because I am still here (haven't been evicted) and I signed a lease for a new apartment.
I have noticed that I need to just keep moving. Keep living. Keep working on my portfolio, keep blaHGing, take on some projects and keep hunting. Keep tomorrow on the brain, because it's coming whether I'm ready for it or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment